- About the project
- Why track and trace?
- What is the EPC Network?
- Main project output
- Applications in other fields
- News and Events
- Technical documents
EPC application for DHL-Métro France
In order to identify and follow throughout the supply chain the delivery of dry products and brewery to 91 self-service points of sale of METRO Cash & Carry in France, DHL Supply Chain uses RFID gantries on 6 logistics platforms. In total, 1.5 million of pallets containing RFID label were controled each year in an automatical way throughout the supply chain.
Based on EPC global standard, the project involves several physical and software components:
* Capture devices (156 docking doors gantries, 5 truck gantries)
* Printers and encoding RFID labels.
* Interfaces with order management softwares
* Track & Trace for following deliveries
* EPC-IS for objects and EPC events management.