- About the project
- Why track and trace?
- What is the EPC Network?
- Main project output
- Applications in other fields
- News and Events
- Technical documents
Thursday, February 19, 2015 - 09:30
The european project ECOLOGISITCS, co-funded by the Interreg IV-b « North West Europe », is currently organizing a series of exchange and site visit sessions to explore the potential and existant benefits of ICT for the logistics sector.
On Tuesday 19th February, a session was held in Daventry under the theme “Rail transportation and the benefits to the food & drink sector”. The day was co-organized by Scale Interreg IVB project, with the following objectives :
- Discuss opportunities for economic competitiveness that rail transport offers food and drink supply chain logistics.
- Consider the improved environmental and social sustainability that rail transport provides food and drink supply chain logistics.
- Examine how ICT-driven visibility may enable greater efficiency and sustainability in logistics.
Different presentations introduced open discussions :
- Daventry International Rail Freight Terminal (David Turner, Malcolm Logistics)
- Project SCALE & its Pilot case studies (Roly Taplin,, DHL Supply Chain Transport Division)
- Ecologistics project, share track & trace standardized data (Yves de Blic, Multitel)
Some pictures of the visit: